The heritage conserved by the Associazione Archivio Storico Olivetti consists of documents, letters, books, journals, magazines, posters, drawings, films, audio-visuals, products, models and plastic models that are the subject of systematic electronic cataloguing and where possible digitalisation.
The Association’s activities are not strictly limited to those concerning the recovery, cataloguing and preservation of documents but also include providing assistance and consulting to scholars and researchers, working with private and public bodies on cultural initiatives, setting up exhibitions, films, conferences, studies, research and publications aimed at promoting and broadening knowledge of the history and values of Olivetti.
With the same goal, the Association also manages and continuously enriches its website www.storiaolivetti.it with short texts and numerous images to illustrate the different aspects of Olivetti’s history.
In addition, in 2016, the Archivi Digitali Olivetti were published showing the catalogued and digitalised work carried out in the first twenty years of the Association’s activities. For the first time, this new online platform provides access to the cultural heritage, unique for its interdisciplinarity, inherent company records, people, bodies and institutions as well as documentary collections of the history of Olivetti, from 1908 up to today.
On behalf of the Fondazione Adriano Olivetti, the Association provides not simply a documentation heritage conservation of the Olivetti Family members but also of other leading players who were involved with Olivetti, for example, the architect Ludovico Quaroni.
The Associazione Archivio Storico Olivetti complies with the National Archive System (SAN) promoted by the Ministry of Cultural Heritage.
For more information please consult the Associazione Archivio Storico Olivetti background.
RECOGNITIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Since October 1998, the Olivetti Historic Archive has been declared to be of “remarkable historic interest” by the Piedmont and Aosta Valley Archive Superintendence.
In 2001 it has was one of the founding members of the Associazione Museimpresa.
In 2005, it became a member of the AAA/Italia, the National Contemporary Architecture Archive Association.
In 2015, it joined ANAI – Associazione Nazionale Archivistica Italiana (Italian National Archive Association) and AICI – Associazione delle Istituzioni di Cultura Italiane (Italian Cultural Institutions Association).
- 29 October 1998, International Congress New Industrial Design Contexts, New ICO Salone Officina H, Ivrea.
- 29 October – 29 November 1998, Exhibition of the “O” graphics, 50 years of Olivetti Covers, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 6 March – 30 April 1999, ‘Un mare di numeri, il gusto del numero nella grafica Olivetti’ Exhibition, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 21 March 1999, OldBureau, exhibition of machines and objects of the office of the era, Parco Villa Casana, Ivrea.
- 21 May – 9 July 1999, Red Exhibition, red Valentine typewriter, a product combining imagination and utopia, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 1 June 1999, Meeting with Ettore Sottsass, Centro Congressi La Serra, Ivrea.
- 25 September – 29 October 1999: Exhibition between Ivrea and Matera, evidence of… literary park, unsuspected wealth of the author, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 13 – 31 October 1999, Red Exhibition, red Valentine typewriter at the Kozlekedesi Muzeum in Budapest.
- 19 – 31 October 1999, Red Exhibition, red Valentine typewriter at the Italian Design Show, Speaking Italian, at the Italian Cultural Institute in Prague.
- 12 November – 19 December 1999, ‘De Lucchi a mano libera disegni senza computer’ exhibition, Villetta Casana, Ivrea
- 17 – 27 February 2000, Exhibition ‘Tra Ivrea e Matera, prove di… parco letterario’, Alice Superiore.
- 24 March – 14 May 2000, Kyoto stones and musk’ exhibition, original cultural ellipses between Olivetti and Japan, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 24 March – 14 May 2000, “Giocare con l’Arte” educational workshops according to the Bruno Munari method in the ‘Kyoto stones and musk’ exhibition, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 2 June – 2 July 2000, ‘Outsider Art la “Casa degli Artisti” di Gugging exhibition , Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 19 – 21 September 2000, Festival of ‘i Critofilm di Carlo Ludovico Ragghianti’ at the Turin Gallery of Modern Art.
- 11, 18, 25 October 2000, Festival of ‘i Critofilm di Ragghianti’ at the Centro Congressi La Serra, Ivrea.
- 2001, Permanent exhibition of the Archive collections, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 17 – 31 May 2001, ‘Un archivio aperto al futuro (An archive open to the future)’ conferences. History, the future and meeting with the Olivetti Historic Archive, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 25, 26, 27 May 2001, Expressive Calligraphy workshop with Jovica Veljovic, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 30 May – 22 June 2001, Red Exhibition, red Valentine typewriter, a product spanning imagination and Utopia, Palazzo Ducale, Genoa.
- 17, 24 June and 1 July 2001, Music in the Park, Villa Casana, Ivrea.
- 4, 5 October 2001, International conference to celebrate the 100th year anniversary since the birth of Adriano Olivetti, Adriano Olivetti and his city (organised by Carlo Olmo and Marcello Fabbri) – ‘La Città dell’Uomo nella Società della Conoscenza’ (organised by Guido Martinotti), Officina H Olivetti, Ivrea.
- 4 October – 4 November 2001, ‘Adriano Olivetti e l’Urbanistica’ Large Exhibition, Officina H Olivetti, Ivrea.
- 18 January – 3 March 2002, ‘Costruire la Città dell’Uomo- Adriano Olivetti e l’Urbanistica’ exhibition, Triennale di Milano.
- 18-27 March 2002, 2nd Conference phase. History, future and meeting with the Olivetti Historic Archive, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 25 May and 1 June 2002, ‘La balena nel parco’ educational event, Villa Casana, Ivrea.
- 16, 23, 30 June 2002, ‘l’arcobaleno impigliato nel parco’ three theatrical performances by Sara Bertelà, Oreste Valente and Laura Curino, Villa Casana, Ivrea.
- 17, 23, 30 October 2002, 3rd Conference Phase ‘An archive open to the future’. Remembering Perotto, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 6, 13 November 2002, le Message (anthology film), Cinema La Serra, Ivrea.
- 16 November – 22 December 2002, ‘Le macchine sapienti di Natale Capellaro (hundred years of the leading designer) exhibition, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 23 November, Elea congress ‘Programma 101: an Italian history’, IDI Interaction Design Institute, Ivrea.
- 14 November – 11 December 2002, ‘Costruire la Città dell’Uomo – Adriano Olivetti e l’Urbanistica’ exhibition, Adriano Olivetti Foundation, Rome.
- 26 March, 2, 9 and 16 April 2003, 4th Conference phase ‘An archive open to the future’. Industry and work in the Olivetti experience, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 9 May – 15 June 2003, ‘Le fantasie e le geometrie di Egidio Bonfante dentro e fuori Olivetti’ exhibition, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 6 June 2003, Theatrum&Teatro, presentation of the project to the public in collaboration with the Municipality of Montalto Dora (TO) with ‘Il Mulino di Amleto-Itineranze project (a European project promoted by Montalto Dora, Roubaix, Mons), DorainpoiTeatro (Ivrea) Association, Adriano Olivetti Foundation (Rome), Associazione Liberamente Unico and the Municipality of Portovenere (SP) with Portovenere Festival.
- 15, 22, 29 June 2003, ‘Il tasto di Aladino’, theatrical performance by Sara Bertelà, Laura Curino, Judith Malina, Rena Mirecka, Anna Stante and Oreste Valente with the participation of Jim Veeder and Giovanni Gobbi, Villa Casana, Ivrea.
- 23 October – 14 November 2003, ‘Folon e l’Olivetti’ exhibition – posters, objects, illustrations and images, Galleria Kaiser Art and New Trends, Via del Molo 5r., Genoa.
- 5, 12, 19, 25 November 2003, 5th Conference phase ‘An archive open to the future’. ‘Di musica in musica’, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 22 November 2003 – 29 February 2004, ‘Costruire la Città dell’Uomo – Adriano Olivetti e l’Urbanistica’ exhibition, in collaboration with the Professional Association of Architects of the Province of Matera, with the Culture Department of Matera and Adriano Olivetti Foundation, Palazzo Lanfranchi, Matera.
- 14 February – 5 March 2004, Red Exhibition, Red Valentine – a product spanning imagination and Utopia’, Galleria Kaiser Art and New Trends, Via del Molo 5r., Genoa.
- 20 May – 21 June 2004, ‘Franco Balan, 200 originals’ exhibition, Villetta Casana, Ivrea, with a contribution from the Independent Region of the Aosta Valley.
4-5-6, June 2004, ‘Fiera della Parola’, project by Eugenio Pacchioli, Oreste Valente and Marcella Turchetti, Parco di Villa Casana, Ivrea, with the patronage of the Piedmont Region and the Municipality of Ivrea.
- 5 November – 5 December 2004, ‘Segni – Particolari nascosti nella storia dell’arte’ exhibition by Valter Miotto, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 8 October 2004, ‘Sul ponte di comando, dalla Marina militare alla Olivetti’, (Mursia Publishers, 2004), presentation of the biography-interview by Ottorino Beltrami, 5th Notebook of the Olivetti Historic Association. In addition to the author, in addition to the author, speakers included Bruno Lamborghini, Giovanni Maggia and Alberto De Macchi, curators of the publication, Sala Cupola del Centro Congressi La Serra, Ivrea.
- 18 November 2004, ‘L’ultimo nastro di Samuel Beckett e altri travestimenti’, (Aliberti Publishers 2004), presentation of the Osvaldo Guerrieri volume; in addition to the author, in addition to the author, speakers included Eugenio Pacchioli and Oreste Valente, Sala Cupola del Centro Congressi La Serra, Ivrea.
- 25 November 2004, ‘Sul ponte di comando, dalla Marina militare alla Olivetti’, (Mursia Editions, 2004), presentation in Milan of the biography-interview by Ottorino Beltrami, 5th Notebook of the Olivetti Historic Association. In addition to the author, in addition to the author, speakers included Bruno Lamborghini, Franco Filippazzi from A.I.C.A. and Gianni Di Quattro from Beltel. Giovanni Maggia who edited the publication introduced the debates with Alberto De Macchi; Milan, Sala delle Colonne della Banca Popolare di Milano.
- 12 January 2005, ‘Gli Olivetti e l’Astrologia’, (Edizioni Mediterranee 2004), presentation of the volume by Erica Olivetti; in addition to the author, in addition to the author, speakers included Bruno Lamborghini, Giorgio Galli, Giorgio Bouchard, Giuse Titotto and Laura Curino, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 20 January 2005, ‘Il sogno di un’impresa, dall’Olivetti al Venture Capital: una vita nell’information technology’ (Il Sole 24 Ore Editions 2004), presentation of the volume by Elserino Piol; in addition to the author, speakers included Bruno Lamborghini, Luciano Gallino and Giovanni Maggia, Officine H, Ivrea.
- 13 – 14 – 15 March 2005, MaAM seminar, ‘Museo a cielo aperto dell’Architettura Moderna, per trenta futuri architetti dell’Accademia di Mendrisio’, speakers included Bruno Reichlin (Accademia di Mendrisio), Emanuele Dubini (Pirelli R.E.), Luigi Pescarmona (Olivetti Multiservices), Alberto Redolfi (Municipality of Ivrea council member), Paolo Galuzzi (architect), Enrico Giacopelli (architect); coordinator Patrizia Bonifazio (manager of MaAM and A.A.S.O. consultant on Architecture and City Planning).
- 6-27 April 2005, ‘Costruire la Città dell’Uomo – Adriano Olivetti e l’Urbanistica’ exhibition, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale d’Architecture, Lausanne.
- 3-4-5, June 2005, ‘Fiera della parola’, project by Eugenio Pacchioli and Oreste Valente, Parco di Villa Casana, Ivrea, with the patronage of the Municipality of Ivrea.
- 9 November 2005, ‘Quando suonò la campana’. Willy Jervis 1901-1944, (Claudiana Publishers 2005), presentation of the volume by Lorenzo Tibaldo; in addition to the author, speakers included Gianni Genre and Amos Messori, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 17 November 2005, ‘Adriano Olivetti. Stato Federale delle Comunità. La riforma politica e sociale negli scritti inediti (1942-1945)’, (FrancoAngeli Publishers), presentation of the volume by Davide Cadeddu; in addition to the author, speakers included Giovanni Maggia, Arnaldo Alberti and Emilio Renzi, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 23 November 2005, ‘Olivetti, prima e dopo Adriano’ (L’Ancora del Mediterraneo Edizioni), presentation of the volume by Paolo Bricco; in addition to the author, speakers included Bruno Lamborghini, Gianbattista Giudici and Giuseppe Rao, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 8-9-10-11 June 2006, ‘Fiera della parola’, project by Eugenio Pacchioli and Oreste Valente, Parco di Villa Casana, Ivrea, with the patronage of the Municipality of Ivrea, the Province of Turin and the Piedmont Region.
- Participation in the XVI exhibition of the mall publishing house, ‘Parole nel tempo’, Castello di Belgioioso, 23-24 September 2006.
- ‘Segni di Olivetti. 50 anni di evoluzione tecnologica nella storia della Breviglieri’ exhibition, 29 September – 8 October 2006, Rovigo. Later it was transferred to Salerno.
‘Le due settimane di John Phillips tra la caduta della monarchia e l’apertura dell’Assemblea Costituente nelle foto storiche dell’Archivio Storico Olivetti’ exhibition, 11 November – 10 December 2006, Sala “Angelo Frammartino” di Villa Reghini in Sovigliana, Vinci hamlet.
- 15 November 2006, from 14.30 to 19.00, ‘Ivrea, da territorio industriale a paesaggio culturale. Riflessioni e proposte per il patrimonio culturale Olivetti, riflessioni e dibattito pubblico tra istituzioni politiche, forze economiche e soggetti culturali sul patrimonio dell’era Olivetti a Ivrea’ speakers included Claude Raffestin, Patrizia Bonifazio and Marta Parodi, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 17 November 2006, Ivrea. ‘Intrecci di scale e di saperi per la città che si trasforma’: presentation of the number 262 monograph from the Parametro magazine and of the Ivrea service released in number 127 of the Urbanistica magazine; speakers included Patrizia Bonifazio, Paolo Galuzzi, Enrico Giacopelli and Alberto Redolfi, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 22 November 2006, ‘Il secolo dei manifesti. Programmi delle riviste del Novecento’ (Nino Aragno Publishers) ‘Olivetti, prima e dopo Adriano’ (L’Ancora del Mediterraneo Edizioni), presentation of the volume by Giuseppe Lupo; in addition to the author, speakers included Raffaele Crovi and Andrea Casoli, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 7-8-9-10 June 2007, ‘Fiera della parola’, project by Eugenio Pacchioli and Oreste Valente, Parco di Villa Casana, Ivrea, with the patronage of the Municipality of Ivrea, the Province of Turin and the Piedmont Region.
- 19 November 2007, at 17.00, ‘Dal profitto come valore al valore come profitto: un caso di cultura dell’economia’: semiotics analysis presented by Ing. Adriano Olivetti to his employees (1955) edited by Lisa Gino; in addition to the curator, a speech was given by Paolo Vinçon, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 21 November 2007, at 17.00, ‘La rosa di Jericho Il paradigma olivettiano per una nuova cultura della formazione. L’Autore analizza il paradigma olivettiano’, (Ipoc Press) Presentaton of the volume by Pietro Condemi, in addition to the author, speakers included Francesco Novara e Francesco Varanini, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 23 November 2007, at 17.00, ‘Gli anni dello stile industriale 1948 – 1965. Immagine e politica culturale nella grande impresa italiana’ (Marsilio Publishers), presentation of the volume by Carlo Vinti; in addition to the author, a speech was given by Enrico Morteo, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- In collaboration with the Province of Turin, at the XXI edition of the Turin International Book Fair, presentation of the 100 year anniversary since the Olivetti Company Foundation (1908-2008) the events of the Olivetti Historic Archive, speakers included Eugenio Pacchioli, Bruno Lamborghini and Tommaso Labranca, Spazio incontri Terrazza Piemonte, Saturday 10 May at 11.30, Turin International Book Fair
- 6-7-8 June 2008, ‘Fiera della parola’, project by Eugenio Pacchioli and Oreste Valente, Parco di Villa Casana, Ivrea, with the patronage of the Municipality of Ivrea, the Province of Turin and the support of the San Paolo Compagnia.
- First edition of the ‘Premio Imprenditore Olivettiano’ awarded to the entrepreneur, Enrico Loccioni and to the commemoration of Silvano Fumero, 7 June 2008, Ivrea
- One hundred years since the Foundation of Olivetti Company SpA (1908-2008) celebrations, October – November 2008.
- ‘Olivetti 1908-2008. Il progetto industriale’ exhibition, 16 October – 9 November 2008, Officina H, via Montenavale, Ivrea, with the support of the Piedmont Region and the San Paolo Compagnia.
- Conferences: two researches promoted by the Olivetti Historic Archive were presented at the exhibition supported by the San Paolo Compagnia. Saturday 25 October, round table on the research organised by Stefano Musso on the Management Board from the end of the Second World War to the early seventies with the participation of Stefano Musso, Sergio Primus (Istud Foundation – Stresa), Giovanni Avonto (Vera Nocentini Foundation– Turin) and Dora Marucco (Turin University); Friday 7 November, presentation of the research edited by Fabio Lavista on Olivetti economic planning and national politics in the sixties and seventies. Speakers included Fabio Lavista, Paolo Bricco (Il Sole 24 Ore), Bruno Lamborghini (Vice-President Olivetti), Giovanni Maggia (Turin University), Mario Rey (Turin University) and Giovanni Zanetti (Turin University). The presentation of the research studies was given at the Aula Magna of the decentralised premises of Turin University, Officina H, Ivrea.
- 5-6-7 June 2009, ‘Fiera della parola, parole per progettare’, project by Eugenio Pacchioli and Oreste Valente, Parco di Villa Casana and other premises, Ivrea, with the patronage of the Municipality of Ivrea, the Province of Turin and the Piedmont Region.
- Second edition of the ‘ Premio Imprenditore Olivettiano’ awarded to Mario Ciofalo, Brunello Cucinelli and Vivek Jacobs at the “Imprenditorialità e territorio” round table. Speakers included Andrea Bairati, Industry Council Member, Piedmont Region; Aldo Bonomi, Director Aaster; Enrico Capirone, Industry Council Member, Municipality of Ivrea; Brunello Cucinelli, Chairman and Managing Director, Brunello Cucinelli S.p.A.; Francesco Forlenza, Chairman Olivetti; Alberto Getto, Chairman Giovani Industriali del Canavese; Vivek Jacobs, Managing Director, Carrera Jeans; Enrico Loccioni, Chairman Gruppo Loccioni; Laura Olivetti, Chairman A. Olivetti Foundation; introducer Bruno Lamborghini, Chairman Olivetti Historic Archive Association; moderator Paolo Bricco, Il Sole24 Ore journalist, 6 June 2009, Sala Cupola del Centro culturale multimediale La Serra, Corso Botta 30, Ivrea
- Eighth edition of ‘Settimana della Cultura d’Impresa’, organised by Museimpresa, Olivetti, ‘Immagini di uno stile’ One Hundred Years Olivetti exhibition, the industrial project and viewings of historic films organised by the Olivetti Historic Archive Association in collaboration with the Enterprise Cinema National Archive, Ivrea, Villetta Casana, 16-22 November 2009.
- ‘Ripensare la politica industriale oggi’, round table in memory of Franco Momigliano ‘La partecipazione dei lavoratori nella gestione delle imprese’ and presentation of the book by Stefano Musso Participation of the managing enterprise. The history of the Olivetti Management Board in collaboration with the IRSO Foundation, the Enterprise Economists Group, 9 March 2010, Sala conferenze Intesa Sanpaolo, Palazzo Besana, Piazza Belgioioso 1, Milan
- 4-5-6 June 2010, ‘Fiera della parola, parole per progettare’, project by Eugenio Pacchioli and Oreste Valente, Parco di Villa Casana, Ivrea, with the patronage of the Municipality of Ivrea, the Province of Turin and the Piedmont Region.
- Presentation of the volume by Fabio Lavista, ‘La stagione della programmazione, Grandi imprese e Stato dal dopoguerra agli anni Settanta’ , second volume of the Olivetti Historic Archive Association’s Studies and Research Series for Mulino, in collaboration with the IRSO Foundation, the Enterprise Economists Group,12 October 2010, Sala conferenze Intesa Sanpaolo, Palazzo Besana, Piazza Belgioioso 1, Milano
- ‘Settimana della Cultura d’Impresa’ ninth edition organised by Museimpresa, ‘Città dell’uomo’. Opening of the One Hundred Years Olivetti exhibition, the industrial project and meetings with: Caterina Fiorentino ‘Macchine per pensare. Lavoro manuale, tecnica e pensiero alla Olivetti’; Massimo Barbiero ‘La musica e il jazz nella “Città dell’Uomo” and Pamela Guglielmetti ‘500 quintali di sale e Una vita’; organised by the Olivetti Historic Archive Association in collaboration with the Open World Jazz Festival, Ivrea, Villetta Casana, 14-22 November 2010.
- ‘Convegno-Concerto’ in the 3.1. Edition of the Euro Open Jazz Festival, ‘Come la cultura Olivetti ha saputo alimentare un territorio durante e dopo l’utopia della società di Adriano’. From the Euro Jazz festival to the Open World Jazz Festival, 2nd part, speakers included Sergio Giolito (La Sentinella del Canavese), Franco Bergoglio (Jazzitalia), Guido Michelone (Musica Jazz – Il Manifesto) and Marco Basso (La Stampa). Presentation of the disc Code Talkers by Massimo Barbiero and Giovanni Maier. Performance by M. Barbiero and G. Maier, 18 March 2011, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 3-4-5 June 2011, ‘Fiera della parola, parole per progettare’, project by Eugenio Pacchioli and Oreste Valente, Parco di Villa Casana and other premises in the City of Ivrea, with the patronage and support of the Municipality of Ivrea, the Guelpa Foundation, the Province of Turin and the Piedmont Region.
- Olivetti exhibition at the Festival International de l’Affiche et du Graphisme de Chaumont (France): display of originals from the Olivetti Historic Archive dedicated to graphic works commissioned by the Olivetti Company for communication and Corporate Identity; 21 May – 28 August 2011, Les Silos / Maison du Livre et de l’Affiche, 7/9 avenue Foch, Chaumont – Haute Marne, France.
- Presentation of the volume by Federico Butera and Giovanni de Witt, “Valorizzare il lavoro per rilanciare l’impresa. La storia delle isole di produzione alla Olivetti negli anni ‘70”, third volume from the Olivetti Historic Archive Association’s Studies and research Series for il Mulino, in collaboration with the IRSO Foundation, the Enterprise Economists Group, 6 October 2011, Sala conferenze Intesa Sanpaolo, Palazzo Besana, Piazza Belgioioso 1, Milan.
- ‘Settimana della Cultura d’Impresa’, tenth edition organised by Museimpresa , 21-28 November 2011. ‘Società della conoscenza: slogan o mutazione radicale?’ Meeting with students from the Secondary Educational Institutes in Ivrea and Canavese and Adriano Olivetti film presentation – Steve Jobs: Passion for the future; Open learning and digital schools: how to teach and learn using digital technologies in collaboration with the Ivrea Software Academy, Aula Magna del Polo Universitario – Ivrea; Mario Tchou and the Olivetti Elea 9000: ‘Genialità e organizzazione per il primo elaboratore italiano’, conference on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the death of Mario Tchou and viewing of the Elea classe 9000 film, event in collaboration with AICA, Natale Capellaro Foundation and Olivettiani.org, Milan, Sala Convegni Fast.
- Documentary exhibition ‘Il bene e il bello sociale. Il valore del modello Olivetti nei servizi sociali’, Villa Vitali, Fermo, 16 November – 15 December 2012.
- Open air photographic exhibition, 150 banners to recount the Italian project, concluding exhibition of the event, 150 events to re-design Italy in collaboration with Department of Education of Castello di Rivoli; 26 November 2011 – 31 January 2012, Via Po and Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, Turin.
- ‘Settimana della Cultura d’Impresa’, tenth edition organised by Museimpresa , 19-25 November 2012, ‘La cultura del cambiamento’, in collaboration with the Turin Specialist and Special Library Coordination (CoBiS). ‘Regole e scelte. Doveri e diritti di tutti, laboratori di lettura’ at the Olivetti Historic Archive Association Library for schools throughout the territory; Olivetti: spot, short, gulp! Presentation of a selection of Olivetti advertising spots in Ivrea at the Centro Culturale La Serra and in Turin at the Passerin D’Entrèves library, in collaboration with the Enterprise Cinema National Archive; ‘Facciamoci in tre’. Archives, libraries and museums for building a network and enhancing the territory, conference organised in collaboration with MAB (museums, archives and libraries) Piedmont.
- Presentation of the volume by Adriana Castagnoli, ‘Essere impresa nel mondo. L’espansione internazionale dell’Olivetti dalle origini agli anni Sessanta’ fourth volume in the Olivetti Historic Archive Association’s Studies and Research Series for Round table with Bruno Lamborghini, Luciano Gallino, Gianluigi Gabetti and Giovanni Balcet; moderator Paolo Bricco, 4 February 2013, Literary Circle – Palazzo Graneri della Roccia, Turin.
- ‘In me non c’è che futuro’ exhibition Villa Favorita, Ancona, on the occasion of the Comunity, Innovation and Internationalisation: the Adriano Olivetti summary’ seminar organised by ISTAO Adriano Olivetti Institute of Ancona, 30 November 2012 – 15 February 2013.
- Presentation of the volume by Adriana Castagnoli, ‘Essere impresa nel mondo. L’espansione internazionale dell’Olivetti dalle origini agli anni Sessanta’, fourth volume in the Olivetti Historic Archive Association’s Studies and Research Series for Mulino, speakers included the author, Giuseppe Berta, Bruno Lamborghini and Franco Reviglio, 16 May 2013, Salone Internazionale del Libro di Turin.
- ‘Valori e radici: dalle Società Operaie di Mutuo Soccorso alla Olivetti’ exhibition organised in collaboration with the Nursing degree course – Ivrea Premises, Turin University, 15-31 May 2013, Training Centre Officina H, Ivrea.
- To the Turin Literary Circle (4 February 2013) presentation of the volume by Adriana Castagnoli ‘Essere impresa nel mondo. L’espansione internazionale dell’Olivetti dalle origini agli anni Sessanta’. This volume, published by Mulino in the Olivetti Historic Archive Association’s Studies and Research Series was the subject of a round table led by Paolo Bricco with the author, Gianluigi Gabetti, Giovanni Balcet and Bruno Lamborghini. Relevant feedback of the debate in Il Sole 24 Ore (19.2.2013).
- The volume is also the subject of a presentation at the Salone Internazionale del Libro di Torino on the 16 May 2013, speakers included Giuseppe Berta and Franco Reviglio.
In the Università Popolare della Terza Età, Ivrea (January- April 2013) programmes, AASO organizes and conducts a cycle of conferences entitled: “Dalle carte dell’Associazione Archivio Storico Olivetti: storie di Personaggi”. The seven conferences are dedicated to certain highly important figures in the culture and history and not just those concerning Olivetti: Franco Momigliano, Giovanni Pintori, Renzo Zorzi, Guglielmo Jervis, Pier Giorgio Perotto, Egidio Bonfante and Paolo Volponi.
- In 2013 an education collaboration was set up with the Nursing Degree Course based in Ivrea and the result of a protocol of understanding between the two organisations to promote systematic exchanges through: interventions in the classroom by Archive staff; guided tours for the students to the permanent exhibition of AASO (June, October and November 2013); degree theses on topics concerning the history of Olivetti. The connection – apparently unique – between a company archive and a nursing course focused on “attention and care of people” a central theme in the nursing profession yet well presented also in the vision of role and the purpose of a company according to Camillo and Adriano Olivetti.
- Interventions in the classroom at the Liceo Scientifico Statale G. Peano in Cuneo and subsequent visit by the students to the Archive in Ivrea (22 e 30 October 2013). A programme defining three different stages was fined-tuned with this high school: contact with the teachers to establish the content of the meetings based on the education syllabus; classroom intervention by Archive staff on the agreed topics; subsequent guided tour for the students to the Archive and the permanent ‘One Hundred Years, the Industrial Project’ Olivetti exhibition..
- Classroom interventions at the Liceo Artistico Statale U. Boccioni of Milan and subsequent visit by the students to the Archive (19 November 2013 and 16 January 2014). Also with this high school in Milan the approach applied with the high school in Cuneo was repeated with the result of contact with students becoming more frequent. In agreement with the teachers, the intervention in the AASO classroom focused on topics of industrial architecture, design and Olivetti graphics.
- ‘Regole e Scelte. Doveri e Diritti di tutti’: reading workshop for primary schools organised by AASO on its premises, in collaboration with the Turin Specialist and Special Libraries Coordination (CoBiS). In the first months of 2013 around one hundred pupils from primary school participated in a workshop that included guided tours, viewings of historic films, readings of Olivetti documents and gaining a knowledge of the world of the Archives in a range of interactive activities with teachers and children.
- On the occasion of the XIII edition of the ‘Settimana della Cultura d’Impresa’ promoted by Confindustria nationally and coordinated by Museimpresa, AASO offered a cycle of meetings organised in collaboration with the civic libraries of Turin. The meetings had the following titles and were conducting in a story telling style:
– Paolo Volponi: an Olivetti writer, Natalia Ginzburg Civic Library of Turin (28 October 2013)
– The Olivetti films that won prizes in festivals, Natalia Ginzburg Civic Library of Turin (11 November 2013)
–‘ Il verde d’impresa nel progetto industriale dell’Olivetti’, Turin Central Civic Library (14 November 2013)
– The production of editorials by Olivetti, Turin Central Civic Library (22 November 2013)
– Pier Giorgio Perotto: when Olivetti invented the PC, Natalia Ginzburg Civic Library of Turin (2 December 2013)
- Between January and March 2014, AASO conducted a new series of five meetings that carried on the ‘Dalle carte dell’Associazione Archivio Storico Olivetti: storie di Personaggi’ sequence started in 2013. The conferences covered the Olivetti characters of Natale Capellaro, Marisa Bellisario, Giorgio Soavi, Figini & Pollini and Ettore Sottsass.
- February 2014. Visit to the AASO ‘One Hundred Years Olivetti, the Industrial Project’ permanent exhibition by certain students from the Liceo Scientifico A. Gramsci of Ivrea (7 February 2014) and some classes from the Istituto d’Istruzione Superiore L. Einaudi of Alba (17 February 2014).
- ‘Olivetti, una fabbrica nella città’: 5 meetings and analyses of Archive documents on topics linked to the history of Olivetti, as part of the Scuola Media Statale S. Pertini di Banchette project which involved 5 third year classes.
- March-April 2014. . Visit to the AASO ‘One Hundred Years Olivetti, the Industrial Project’ permanent exhibition by certain students from the Scuola Media Statale of Apecchio (PU) (20 March 2014), some students from the Istituto Tecnico A. Capitini of Agliana (PT) (21 March 2014) and some classes from the Istruzione Superiore L. Einaudi of Alba (16 April 2014).
- Presentation of the ‘Millesimo di millimetro. I segni del codice visivo Olivetti 1908-1978’ volume by Caterina Cristina Fiorentino (Olivetti Historic Archive Association Studies and Research Series for Mulino): in addition to the author, speakers included Giuseppe Lupo, Annalena Monetti and Eugenio Pacchioli, 8 May 2014, at 14.00, Salone Internazionale del Libro di Torino, Spazio Piemonte – Sala Arancio.
- ‘Olivetti: la Fabbrica mutuale’: contribution by AASO to the regional congress on the occasion of an international nursing day covering Mutual insurance and heath care professions: a new alliance for future welfare organised by the Nursing Degree Courses of the Università degli Studi di Torino (Ivrea premises), the Officina H training and research centre, ‘Coordinamento regionale delle Società di Mutuo soccorso e cooperative del Piemonte’, the Study Centre Foundation and documentation from Onlus Mutual Aid, 12 May 2014, Ivrea – Officina H.
- As part of the ‘Splendide Originalità della Olivetti’ project, meetings in collaboration with the Turin Civic Libraries, the AASO presented an tele conference in the Olivetti audio library. ‘L’alternativa federalista’ by Altiero Spinelli, speakers included Luigi Majocchi, Professor of Financial Sciences from the University of Pavia and Eugenio Pacchioli on behalf of the Olivetti Historic Archive Association, 16 May, Turin Central Civic Library.
- As part of the conference organised by the Secretaries’ Voice Association, Wellbeing of the body and soul via Science and Art at the Castello di Rivoli theatre, Contemporary Art Museum. Speakers included Eugenio Pacchioli for the Olivetti Historic Archive Association on Industry, culture and wellbeing, 17 May 2014, Castello di Rivoli theatre, Contemporary Art Museum.
- On the occasion of the ‘IV Giornata Nazionale degli Archivi di Architettura’ the Olivetti Historic Archive Association and the Adriano Olivetti Foundation provided the exhibition and analysis initiative ‘Spazio collettivo e spazio pubblico nella città industriale di Olivetti’ (documents, project drawings, photographs and historic films) under the scientific management of Patrizia Bonifazio in collaboration with the Enterprise Cinema National Archive, 22 and 23 May, Ivrea, Villetta Casana.
‘Gae Aulenti’, homage to the work of the architect and designer, in-depth study meeting in collaboration with the Turin Civic Libraries organised by Daniele Boltri; viewing if the ‘Olivetti Formes et Recherche’ film, exhibition which 1969 became a symbol of Olivetti style, Turin, Central Civic Library, 17 May 2014.
- Presentation of the ‘Millesimo di millimetro. I segni del codice visivo Olivetti 1908-1978 ‘ book by Caterina Cristina Fiorentino, to the first edition of ‘L’Isola del Libro Trasimeno’ literary café organised by the Associazione Culturale Isola del Libro Trasimeno Ciro and Cristoforo Marri; speakers included the author and Bruno Lamborghini, Café Letterario Isola del Libro Trasimeno, 5 July 2014, Isola Mayre – Tuoro sul Trasimeno (PG).
- Presentation of the ‘Millesimo di millimetro. I segni del codice visivo Olivetti 1908-1978 ‘ book , in collaboration with the Turin Civic Libraries, 24 September 2014, Central Civic Library Turin.
- ‘La scuola del fare e del progettare nell’era della scuola digitale’: conversations with the pedagogist, Francesco De Bartolomeis, 20 November 2014 – XIII Week of the Culture of an Enterprise “Cultura dell’Industria/Cultura per l’Industria” Training and Research Centre Officina H, Ivrea
- Exhibition on Olivetti’s Education Services. 20 November – 13 December 2014. Training and Research Centre Officina H, Ivrea
- ‘Quella fabbrica di mattoni rossi: flash mob’ in collaboration with the Liceo Teatrale “Germana Erba” Teatro Nuovo (Turin), 22 November 2014 XIII Week of the Culture of an Enterprise “Cultura dell’Industria/Cultura per l’Industria”. Ivrea Civic Library.
- 16 – 18 April 1999, Participation at the ‘Editoria Canavesana’ Exhibition, Quincinetto.
- 17 April 1999, Participation in the ICSID Convention, Ivrea.
- 30 September – 4 October 1999, Participation at SMAU with the red exhibition, Red Valentine, Milan.
- 7 – 9 April 2000, Participation at the ’Editoria Canavesana’ Exhibition, Quincinetto.
- 21 May 2000, Participation in ‘Ivrea Città d’Arte’ with Kyoto stones and musk display, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 4 – 5 – 6 April 2001, ‘The Critofilm di Ragghianti’ exhibition at the Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Rome.
- 1 – 17 June 2001, Kyoto stones and musk display in the Meeting Japan Exhibition, Candelo (BI).
- 27 October – 11 November 2001, Olivetti (50 years of graphics) Exhibition, Centro Civico, Scorzè (VE).
- 23 April – 9 June 2003, Contribution to the Ettore Sottsass 20 years of design for Olivetti Exhibition, Pompidou Centre, Paris.
- 20 – 23 June 2003, Research laboratory (contribution to Progetto Stanziale di Cultura Teatrale “Il Mulino di Amleto – Itineranze”) The Way, seminar conducted by Rena Mirecka, Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 12 June – 4 July 2003, Contribution to Folon for Olivetti, organised by Kuwano Trading Co. Ltd at the Switch Point in Kokubunji, Tokyo, Japan.
- 8 July – 21 July 2003, Contribution at the Folon for Olivetti Exhibition organised by the Kuwano Trading Co. Ltd., in the Keibunsha Gallery, Kyoto, Japan.
- 12 – 24 September 2003, Contribution to the Momo Neighbourhood Cooperation, Territory, Factory and Housing Exhibition, International Seminar and Exhibition, Industrial landscape architecture (1930-1960), Villetta Casana, Ivrea.
- 20 – 25 April 2004, Umbria Cinematographic Festival, Cinema&Work – Cinema and industry – Olivetti: the idea and image, participations from Eugenio Pacchioli and Paola Scremin, Terni – Narni.
- 2 – 5 May 2004,Red Exhibition, red Valentine typewriter, a product combining imagination and utopia, contribution to the Spring of Museums exhibition promoted by the Direction des Musées de France and supported by the Piedmont Region, Opera Pia Palazzo Barolo, Via delle Orfane, 7 Turin.
- 30 May 2004, Conference on the Olivetti Art Collections, Lugano.
- 25 May – 2 June 2004, Participation in ‘I Tre Critofilm di Ragghianti’ exhibition at the Festival d’arte di Palazzo Venezia, Rome.
- 7 July – 12 September 2004, Contribution to the “Schermo delle mie brame – come la pubblicità ha cambiato la vita degli italiani (1954-2004)” exhibition, Castello di Rivoli – Museo della Pubblicità.
- 18 – 19 September 2004, ‘Mestieri della Memoria’, collaboration in reconstructing an M40 production department, organised by the N. Capellaro Foundation Promotions Committee, Ivrea.
- 22 – 28 November 2004, Participation in ‘III Settimana della Cultura d’Impresa’ organised by Museimpresa with TES films, Valter Miotto exhibition, Ottorino Beltrami book presentation, Pontedera conference.
- 26 November 2004, Conference on the Relationship between the Territory and the Olivetti Historic Archive in the Impresa & Cultura Congress: a potential meeting, Pontedera.
- 4 November – 31 December 2004, Contribution to the exhibition, “Per fili e per segni – ingegno italiano e società dell’informazione” organised by AICA and FIDA, Porto Antico, Genoa.
- 1 – 29 April 2005, “Paesaggio/Paesaggi”, collaboration with the Municipality of Ivrea in the MaAm enhancement event; meeting with photographer Guido Guidi, 1 April at 18.30, Villetta Casana.
- 18 June 2005 at 17.00, Ceremony for the transfer of 500 ’Edizioni dei Comunità’ books to the Extensa Ratio Cultural Association – Collection of Italian Architectural Rationalism, a cultural event for the Canavese territory, Villa Colli, Rivara Canavese.
- 7 – 9 September 2005, Participation in the conference promoted by the Urbino University Sociology Faculty “Carlo Bo”, ‘Arte or Spettacolo?’ Fruitori, Utenti, Attori: Parsifal nel Paesaggio’. Olivetti Eugenio Pacchioli Archive, 8 September 2005, Aula Sospesa – Sociology Faculty, Urbino.
- 24 – 25 September 2005, Participation in the small publishing houses exhibition, “Parole nel tempo” – Publishers exhibition in the Olivetti Literary figures and the Olivetti Historic Archive Bookstore, Castello di Belgioioso (PV)
- 1 October 2005, Interventions at the seminar “La figura dell’intellettuale nel mondo dell’impresa: Olivetti e gli intellettuali in fabbrica di Eugenio Pacchioli e Paolo Volponi e la Olivetti”: an example of the company psychology applied by Manuela Pistilli, Centro Cultura “Pergoli”, Falconara Marittima.
- 22 November 2005, Conference promoted by the Gruppo Giovani Canavese entrepreneurs on the thirtieth anniversary of its foundation on the topic of Family business: opportunities and challenges for the new generations, Ivrea, Villetta Casana.
- 17 January – 10 February 2006, Contribution to the ‘Raum fur Olivetti – Thomas Schriefers Collection exhibition, Italian Culture Institute Cologne; 21 February – 30 March 2006 at the Wissenschaftszentrum in Bonn.
- 11 April 2006, at 17.00, Conference run by Eugenio Pacchioli on the Olivetti Historic Archive, in a series of Conferences on the Corporate Historic Archives organised by Archeion onlus (Friends of the Milan State Archive), at the Archivio di Stato di Milano, Via Senato 11.
- 16 June 2006, from 9-13, Lectures by Eugenio Pacchioli on the History of Olivetti, as part of the 2005/2006 University Masters in Development, Sustainability and Promotion of the Territory organised by COREP (Consorzio per la Ricerca e l’Educazione Permanente) of Turin, at the Ivrea University, Via Montenavale, 2.
- 23 – 25 June 2006, Participation in the first market launch of the ‘Provincia di Salerno e del Mediterraneo, Tracce d’inchiostro con la mostra Segni di Olivetti’ book, rare archive documents on the relationship between Olivetti and the South of Italy, Salerno, Complesso di Santa Sofia.
- 3 – 21 November 2006, Screening of films from the Olivetti Historic Archive, contribution to modern times. Cinema and industry within the scope of the inauguration initiatives of the National Enterprise Cinema Archive, ABCinema d’Essai La Serra, Ivrea.
- 15 November 2006 – 28 January 2007, Contribution to “La fabbrica comunica” exhibition. One hundred years of Turin industry for the anniversary of the Unione Industriale di Torino, Castello di Rivoli – Museo della Pubblicità.
- Contribution to the “Mostra Il Modo Italiano”, Italian Design and Avant-garde in the 20th Century, Montreal 2006-2007
- Contribution to the Italian Genius Now Exhibition, Museum of Fine Arts, Hanoi (Vietnam), organised by Marco Bazzini from the Luigi Pecci di Prato Contemporary Art Centre in collaboration with the Foreign Affairs Ministry and the Italian Embassy in Hanoi (Vietnam), 5 September – 8 October 2007, later transferred to Seoul and Tokyo in 2008.
- 29 March – 10 June 2007. Contribution to the “Ettore Sottsass: A Life in Design” exhibition, at the London Design Museum
- 22 – 23 September 2007, Participation in the small publishing houses exhibition, “Parole nel tempo” – Publishers exhibition with the Procris and Valentine exhibition, Olivetti poster art and the Olivetti Historic Archive Bookstore, Castello di Belgioioso (PV).
- 13 October 2007 – 13 January 2008. Contribution to the “Ettore Sottsass exhibition at the Design Museum in Gent, Belgium where the Elea 9003 plastic moulds were displayed.
- Contribution to “Il Mito della velocità. Arte, motori e società nell’Italia del ‘900” exhibition organised by Eugenio Martera and Patrizia Pietrogrande, 18 February – 18 May 2008, Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Rome.
- 4 – 8 March 2008, Participation in the Calendidonna event organised by the Udine Municipality (Local Arts Authority), Geisha, no Geisha, 5th edition, presentation of the film documentary ‘Kyoto’ by Kon Ichikawa, end of the sixties and the relationship between Olivetti and Japan in terms of culture.
- 6 – 8 March 2008, presentation of the “Critofilm Storia di una Piazza” (Piazza del Duomo in Pisa) on the occasion of the prestigious “Il Camposanto di Pisa: un progetto di restauro integrato” congress.
- 27 March 2008, contribution to “la parola al progetto (l’Impresa in mostra)” event organised by the Renato Cottini Arts High School Turin and the Polytechnic of Turin in collaboration with Museimpresa in the scope of the Torino World Design Capital 2008.
- Contribution to the “Olivetti Exhibition, una bella società” organised by Enrico Morteo and Manolo De Giorni for the Torino World Design Capital 2008, Turin Fine Arts Promotion Organisation, 16 May – 27 July 2008.
- 20 November 2008 – 23 February 2009. Contribution to the “Loghi d’Italia. Storie dell’arte di eccellere” exhibition, Rome, Castel Sant’Angelo.
- January 2009. Contribution to “Le temps des vetrines” exhibition at the Modern Architecture Archive in Brussels.
- Contribution to the2009 edition of “Pitti Immagine Uomo – Evento Thom Browne”, at the Aeronautic Military Sciences Institute in Florence.
- Contribution to the “Piemonte identità, cultura, storia” exhibition organised by the Piedmont Region Culture, Tourism and Sport Department, 2009.
- Contribution to the study day census of the gardens and historic parks in the Canavese organised by the Turin Natural Sciences Regional Museum and the Verbania Landscape Museum; speakers Ermanno De Biaggi, Renata Lodari and Fulvia Grandizio; Saturday 19 September 2009, Villetta Casana.
- Contribution with Olivetti historical films at the “Memoria contesa-memoria condivisa” event. The work is shown on documented films of the company and the workers movement, Turin-Ivrea-Rome, November-December 2009 organised by the Enterprise Cinema National Archive – Experimental Cinematography Centre and the audiovisual Archive of the workers and democratic movement.
- Contribution to Memorandum, historic film festival organised by A. Perna and F. Lava, with the Catier Bresson and Olivetti Pozzuoli exhibition from 30 January to 21 March 2010, Turin Natural Sciences Regional Museum first edition.
- Presentation of the “Forme della terra” anthology. Twelve poets from the Canavese organised by Sandra Baruzzi and Anna Tabbia, published by Edizioni Manifattura Torino Poesia, 21 March 2010, at the Domed Hall in La Serra Congress Centre, Ivrea.
- Participation at the Ivrea-Ikea event. The sustainable factory: utopia or necessity? Intervention by Bruno Lamborghini with Matteo Civiero and Riccardo Giordano, in the scope of the sixth edition of “vicino/lontano – identità e differenze al tempo dei conflitti – Premio Terzani” by the Vicino Lontano Cultural Association, 6-9 May 2010, Udine.
- Contribution to the Mantova Literature Festival with Authors’ Voices, documents from the Olivetti Audio library and canteen, meeting with Giuseppe Lupo and Luciano Minerva, 8-12 September 2010
- Participation at the IDEA Olivetti event organised by the Enterprise Cinema National Archive with historic Olivetti films and contribution from Bruno Lamborghini at the Olivetti Culture round table, 11 March 2011 Unione Culturale Franco Antonicelli, via Cesare Battisti 8, Turin.
- On the occasion of the international poetry day, presentation of the “Forme della terra” volume, anthology, twelve poets from the Canavese organised by Sandra Baruzzi and Anna Tabbia for Manifattura Torino Poesia – Nuova Poesia Piemontese Collana “Le Vene” first edition January 2010, in collaboration with Manifattura Torino Poesia, 21 March, Domed Hall in La Serra Multimedia Cultural Centre, La Serra, Corso Botta 30, Ivrea.
- Contribution to the celebration of the 150th Anniversary of Italian Reunification, ‘Fare gli Italiani’ exhibition, 17 March – 20 November 2011, Turin Officine Grandi Riparazioni.
- Contribution to the celebration of the 150th Anniversary of Italian Reunification, , Copyright Italy. Patents, trademarks, products. 1948-1970, 24 March – 30 June 2011, State Central Archive Rome.
- “Stupore di un archivio: le originali ricchezze olivettiane”, conference cycle at the Università Popolare della terza Età di Ivrea, Olivetti – The History of a Company, January – May 2012.
- Contribution to the exhibition for the Pavilion Italia at the 13th International Architecture Exhibition, Venice Biennale, I stagione: Adriano Olivetti nostalgia for the future organised by Massimo Locci and Federico Bilò, in collaboration with the Adriano Olivetti Foundation, Venice, Tese delle Vergini all’Arsenale, 29 August – 25 November 2012.
- Contribution to the 1962-2012 “Programmare l’arte. Olivetti e le neoavanguardie cinetiche” exhibition organised by Marco Meneguzzo, Enrico Morteo and Alberto Saibene, in collaboration with FAI Fondo Ambiente Italiano, Venice, Olivetti Shop in Piazza San Marco, from 30 August to 14 October 2012.
- Contribution to the 1962-2012 ‘Programmare l’arte Olivetti e le neoavanguardie cinetiche exhibition organised by Marco Meneguzzo, Enrico Morteo, Alberto Saibene and Museo del Novecento, Milan, 9 November 2012 – 3 March 2013.
- From the papers preserved by the Olivetti Historic Archive Association: history of the people, second edition of conferences at the Università Popolare della terza Età di Ivrea, Olivetti – History of a company, January – April 2013.
- Contribution to the seminar ‘L’infermieristica e le radici del Mutuo Soccorso, I riti, la mutualità, la comunità, la professione, le SOMS, Adriano Olivetti e la Cassa ENPAPI’, Ivrea Officina H, 2 March 2013.
- Participation in the national congress ‘La storia della matematica in classe: dalle materne alle superiori, Quattro operazioni a macchina: Appunti dell’Archivio storico Olivetti’, Ivrea 14-16 March 2013, Liceo Scientifico “A. Gramsci” and Training and Research Centre Officina H, 15 March 2013.
- Contribution to the ‘Che storie! Oggetti, miti e memorie dai musei e dagli archivi d’impresa’ exhibition organised by Museimpresa on the occasion of the Salone del Mobile di Milano, Milano Palazzo della Ragione, 10 April – 12 May 2013.
- Contribution to the Olivetti Culture Festival event at ISTAO in Ancona, Villa Favorita, with a speech by Bruno Lamborghini at the opening conference ‘Il pensiero olivettiano per il futuro’, 31 May – 1 June 2013.
- Contribution to ‘La Rinascita. Storie dell’Italia che ce l’ha fatta’ exhibition, Palazzo Mazzetti, Palazzo Alfieri and Palazzo Ottolenghi, Asti, 22 June – 3 November 2013
- Contribution to the Company pilgrimage event ‘ Cinema, storia e memoria’, Museo Diffuso della Resistenza, Sala Conferenze, Turin, 26 September 2013
- Contribution to the Operae 2013 exhibition, with Kollectium – official collection of unpublished heritage images, Officine Grandi Riparazioni, Turin 11-13 October 2013
- At the Aula magna of the Nursing Degree Course in Ivrea, intervention by AASO on ‘La mutualità in fabbrica durante il seminario: I riti e le mutualità di ieri per progettare la risposta ai bisogni di domani. Ricerca, studio ed approfondimenti sui Servizi sociali e assistenziali Olivetti’. Ivrea 12 April 2013.
- AASO had its own area dedicated to the Valentine typewriter designed in 1969 by Ettore Sottsass, a the ‘Che storie!, grande esposizione promossa dai musei ed archivi d’Impresa (Museimpresa) sull’esperienza storica, sociale ed economica dell’industria’ exhibition. This exhibition was held at the Palazzo della Ragione in Milan, 11 April – 12 May 2013.
- AASO participated in the ‘XXVI Salone Internazionale del Libro di Torino’ (16-20 May 2013), where it presented a range of publications at the Coordinamento Biblioteche Speciali e Specialistiche di Torino stand.
- With the patronage and collaboration of AASO, the Allemandi publishing house published the ‘il guizzo e la griglia – Antonio Macchi Cassia designer’ volume organised by G. Anceschi and R. Riccini. This volume, which was also presented at the ‘Triennale di Milano’ (September 2013) is dedicated tot he leading industrial designers of Olivetti in the seventies and eighties.
- Participation by AASO at the Second National Mathematics Congress, (Ivrea 14-16 March 2013) with a presentation of the Archive and the filming of Olivetti “Quattro operazioni a macchina”, made in 1956 by the director, A. Bosio, to illustrate the main functions and applications of the Tetractys electronic calculating machine that was launched in that year.
- Meeting at the AASO headquarters with a large group of collectors from the ‘’Associazione Collezionisti macchine per ufficio e d’epoca”: debate and tour of the AASO permanent exhibition (13 April 2013).
- On the occasion of the 16th stage of the Giro d’Italia arriving in Ivrea (21 May 2013) the AASO and Nursing Degree Course, participated in the programme of initiatives (Ivrea si tinge di rosa) promoted by the Ivrea Municipality to publicise the wealth of assets offered by the territory. The two organisations set up the “Valori e radici – dalle Società Operaie di Mutuo Soccorso alla Olivetti” exhibition, 10-31 May, at the headquarters of the Officina H Training Centre. AASO took care of the section dedicated to social services and Olivetti factory assistance.
- AASO participated in the Olivetti Cultura Festival – ‘Il pensiero olivettiano per il futuro e l’eredità di Adriano Olivetti’ an event organised in Ancona by ISTAO – Istituto Adriano Olivetti. Bruno Lamborghin gave a presentation on “i valori olivettiani” (Ancona, 31 May – 1 June).
- Collaboration in “La Rinascita. Storie dell’Italia che ce l’ha fatta” exhibition, Asti, Palazzo Mazzetti, 22 June – 3 November 2013. This exhibition was incredibly successful both internationally and nationally. AASO contributed by interacting with the curators in the exhibition set-up phases and in presenting Olivetti products, posters and films..
- The Olivetti conference, a history not yet fully understood. 70 years of trading, to inspire the future (Ivrea, 13 December 2013), promoted by FIOM-CGIL in Turin and AASO, which presented the full collection of trade union agreements with Olivetti from the years following the Second World War up to more recent years. The documented agreements collected in collaboration with the Association, are now on IT media.
- “I pellegrinaggi aziendali – Cinema, storia e memoria”: presentation and projection of two Olivetti and Fiat historic films, within the scope of an event organised by the Nocentini Foundation and the Enterprise Cinema National Archive in Turin at the Museo Diffuso della Resistenza (26 September 2013). AASO presented the Olivetti Pilgrimage to Lourdes film
- In the garden of Villa Casana, headquarters of the AASO, a gathering and exhibition of vintage cars organised by the ‘Associazione Appassionati e Simpatizzanti Vecchie Auto’ (13 October 2013). For this occasion there were guided tours of the AASO One Hundred Years Olivetti exhibition. The industrial project and viewings of historic films.
- Collaboration by AASO with the Linux Users Group of Ivrea and the “Adriano Olivetti” Free Hardware and Software Academy for the Linux Day 2013, Ivrea, October 2013. The Academy is a highly innovative structure based in the Ivrea territory that has a network with an ever increasing number of proactive entities, inspired by the principles of free hardware and software. He teaming up of the Association on Linux Day 2013 also symbolically expressed the spirit of an historic archive that not only conserves and researches papers from the past, but also looks to innovation and the future.
- Collaboration started up with ProMemoria for the Kollectium Project, heritage art for contemporary people aimed at enhancing historic images (selection of photos and posters). AASO selected the materials it considered most appropriate to represent the Olivetti business not simply from an artistic point of view but also from an evocation and emotive angle. This collaboration was further developed by participating at the OPERAE – Independent Design Festival exhibition in the rooms of the Officine Grandi Riparazioni in Turin (11-13 October 2013) and the “Valorizzare e integrare patrimoni culturali” conference promoted by ProMemoria with a comparison of Collective Access software experiences (Foyer del Toro, Teatro Regio in Turin, 11 October 2013).
- Collaboration with the Fandango cinematography distribution and production house to identity and find suitable historic products to fit out the film set for the production of a film on the private and professional life of Oriana Fallaci (October 2013).
- Collaboration with the Urania production house to supply the historic typewriters to be used on the film shoots in a film by Abel Ferrara dedicated to Pasolini (September-November 2013) and presented at the 71st Venice International Film Festival on 4 September 2014.
- Within the scope of the events linked to the presentation of RAI TV fiction on Adriano Olivetti by Michele Soavi, AASO supplied an example of Programma 101 – the 1965 Olivetti computer which today, is considered to be the precursor to the personal computer. This was presented in a “Porta a porta” broadcast by Bruno Vespa aired by RaiUno on 23 October 2013.
- Start-up of a communal project by the Enterprise Cinema National Archive and AASO to enhance the importance of the historic Kyoto film directed by Kon Ichikawa : a 35 minute documentary from the Olivetti Art series which was presented in 1969 in Tokyo and then in Turin. The copyright belongs to the “Direzione Relazioni Culturali Disegno Industriale Pubblicità Olivetti”. The project is still ongoing.
- On the 19th January 2014, in Villetta Casana, AASO hosted the meeting of the Management Board, the AldAF Scientific Committee and the Italian Association of Family-owned Businesses headquartered in Milan.
- Supply of historic film clips by the AASO film library for making ‘La zuppa del demonio’ film directed by Davide Ferrario, on the notion of progress. This film was entirely composed of industrial scenes filmed between 1910 and 1970. The film, produced by Rossofuoco with RAI Cinema and the backing of the Piedmont Doc Film Fund – Regional Fund for Documentaries, the Società Consortile OGR-CRT and the Guelpa Foundation Ivrea, was shown at the 71st Venice International Film Festival on the 2 September 2014 but was not a nominee for an award.
- On the occasion of the 2014 public domain celebrations (concerning the expiry of copyrights on works by authors who had been dead for 70 years) and for the UNESCO World Book and Copyright Day of 15th April in collaboration with the Polytechnic of Turin, the City of Turin – Turin Civic Library, the Teatro Nuovo Foundation and the University of Turin, AASO provided the works of Camillo Olivetti regarding training and distribution (March-April 2014).
- On occasion of the rally of the Lancia Club entitled “Eccellenze Lancia nel Canavese”, guided tours were given by the members delegation of the AASO permanent exhibition ‘One Hundred Years Olivetti: the industrial project and viewings of the historic films from the Olivetti film library (2 May 2014).
- Contribution to the Olivetti Culture Festival organised by STAO, Adriano Olivetti Institute 6-7 June 2014, Villa Favorita, Ancona
- AASO contribution to the official presentation of the new YouTube channel on enterprise cinema for the Olivetti films. A project implemented by the Enterprise Cinema National Archive, 10 June 2014, State Archive of Turin.
- Visit to the Archive by guest members of the European Architectural History Network, 23 June 2014.
- Contribution to the ‘Ti conto…ti conto? A piedi nudi nel parco’ organised by the Enoteca Vino e Dintorni: AASO opened its doors for an exceptional evening in which the gardens were the natural auditorium for the history of leaves, flowers, plants and gardens, 2 July 2014, Ivrea, Parco di Villa Casana.
- Contribution to the ‘Capitani coraggiosi, Etiche imprese di responsabilità sociale’ exhibition within the scope of the Philosophy Festival of Modena, Carpi e Sassuolo, 12-14 September 2014, Manifattura tabacchi di Modena
The Associazione Archivio Storico Olivetti is always interested in collecting more Olivetti documents. Should you have any photographs, videos, machines or plain documents at home relating to the history of Olivetti that you would like to donate, then please contact us at the following e-mail or phone us:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – tel. +39 0125 641238